Apple pie is considered a symbol of American culinary culture, representing prosperity and pride during the years of the 19th and 20th centuries of this country. American apple pie with a thin, crispy crust, hidden with a sweet apple filling, with a little sour taste of fruit will be a perfect choice for confectioners around the world. And in this article, Anny wants to share with you how to make this wonderful American apple pie!
A. Ingredients to be prepared
– White granulated sugar : 1/3 cup
B. How to do it step by step
1. Kneading the Dough for Baked Apple Pie Crust
Step 1: In a large bowl add flour, salt, and fresh milk. The butter is cut into pieces, then put in a bowl and knead the dough by hand.
Step 2: Crack the eggs into the bowl and then add a little bit of filtered water. Continue kneading until the flour mixture comes together to form a ball. When doing this step, do not add too much water at the beginning if the dough will be difficult to knead. In the process of kneading the dough, you can add a little more dry flour if the dough is too sticky, but do not add too much flour as it will make the cake dry.
Step 3: The dough after kneading becomes smooth and smooth, we cover the dough with stencils or plastic wrap to seal the food. Put the dough mixture in the refrigerator for about 45-90 minutes until the dough is flexible enough to perform the rolling process.
2. Roll the Dough for Baked Apple Pie Crust
Step 4: After the dough has been brewed, we will perform the rolling step. Take 2/3 of the dough in the mixture, spread the dough on a flat surface and then roll the dough. The dough is rolled into a circle about 3mm thick.
– Step 5: Gently place the rolled dough into the apple pie mold, then cut off the excess dough for a beautiful look. Roll the remaining 1/3 of the dough into a circle, the diameter of this dough is equal to the cake mold to make the cake.
– Step 6: Cover the cake mold with 1/3 of the rolled dough, then put the cake mold in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes to let the dough rest.
3. How to Make Baked Apple Pie Filling
– Step 7: Red apples are washed, peeled and cut into equally beautiful pomegranate seeds, then put in a bowl. Add white granulated sugar, red sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder and a little salt to mix well.
4. How to Bake a Baked Apple Pie
– Step 8: Take out the crust from the refrigerator, put the filling inside without leaving the excess. Brush an extra layer of oil around the crust that protrudes around the edge of the cake pan.
– Step 9: Cut the remaining round dough into arbitrary 0.8-1cm wide strips of dough to decorate the cake. Can be arranged in the style of basket weaving or spokes on the surface of the mold to make the cake more beautiful. In addition, you can use cookie cutters to cut into stars, hearts, etc. to replace the basket spokes.
– Step 10: Bake the cake in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius, cook until the cake is cooked and then enjoy.
How to make apple pie is not difficult but requires careful, meticulous and ingenuity when performing the baking stages. With the above instructions on how to make baked apple pie, you can successfully make a delicious batch of cakes. Finished product requirements for baked apple pie with a crispy, spongy, non-stiff crust, and a base that is not too wet or too wet. The apple pie is just ripe with a soft and chewy inside, but not mushy.